You reached your goal. You’ve accomplished precisely what you set out to do. Congratulations, now what?
To have reached your goal is of course a wonderful thing. A goal set and met is something that should drives us. But at that moment of accomplishment, what are you celebrating?
- The conquest of saying to others, “I did it.”
- A self-appreciation for the rigid discipline you demonstrated.
- The sacrifices of time you made when foregoing other things.
- A determined satisfaction with reaching further than you ever had.
- The practical experiences you will draw from as you move forward.
Be certain you are clear in your purpose as you strive to achieve each lofty goal. In the final stride of a completed marathon race, what is it about this accomplishment that you will have grown from the most?
“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while climbing it.” — Andy Rooney —